Sewing Machine Cover & Curtains

This is a combo post for two new additions to my bedroom and sewing space! First up, a new sewing machine cover:


The pattern is McCalls 5017, and the fabric scraps are remnants from my duvet cover. The patchwork sewing machine cover was constructed using an interesting method that the pattern calls "crazy quilting," which really isn't quilting at all, but an improvisational piecing method was actually quick and easy to do. Crazy, I say! This was also my first time ever to make piping. Once again, I was surprised at how simple it really was. Piping was always something I imagined to be very labor-intensive, and I couldn't have been more wrong.

It was also time to ditch my old curtains and make something new that would help to warm up my bland apartment-white walls.



 The new curtains are a big success! Definitely some good chi happening in here now.

Comments

Popular Posts