Neon Green Denim

Yes, I used neon green denim to make this entirely work-appropriate pencil skirt. This pattern, Simplicity 2343, is a tried and true pattern for me after making it with ruffled pockets last spring. While I adore the ruffle-adorned version I made before, the neon green denim really speaks for itself this time (no ruffles needed!). And as you can see, it speaks loudly:

Simplicity 2343

I got the inspiration for this skirt when I was shopping in an Ann Taylor loft store a few weeks ago. The store was selling a simple, bright green skirt and it was accessorized with a dark green belt. I decided to imitate that effect on my own skirt by adding a green grosgrain ribbon trim to the center of the waistband.

I edge-finished the waistband facing with the serger.

Tried and true times two! This continues to be a great go-to pencil skirt pattern.

Comments

  1. Found your blog through the MMM Flicker page - such great outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute skirt! I LOVE THE COLOR. We can really make some cute things without a whole lot of trouble. That is the part I like best about sewing. Mary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts