Pocket Ruffles

I recently finished sewing this skirt and have started wearing it for the spring.  Simplicity 2343 contains pencil skirts in various lengths with different embellishments, including a version with ruffle-edged pockets, like in this skirt I made.


The skirt was very easy, and the directions were very clear.  A few pleats in front, darts in back, pockets, ruffles, waistband, zipper, DONE.  Of course, the ruffles could be left off for a basic pencil skirt.  I also like that this is not meant to be a very tight skirt, due to the pleating in the front.  I don't like clothing to be skin-tight on me.


Overall, I am extremely happy with this garment!  Great fit and cute pocket detailing.

Comments

  1. looks great--it's in my pattern stash, might have to make it soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts