Butterfly Skirt


You know how I feel about dirndl skirts.  So here is yet another version, this time in a flowing, sheer, summery butterfly print. I kept construction very simple.  The fabric was 60" wide, so I used that as my skirt's circumference and placed the only seam at center back.  I cut a length of cream lining fabric to the same measurements, and hemmed both pieces separately along the bottom edge.  I basted them together along the top edge and gathered this edge to match my waist measurement.  I sandwiched the gathered edge between two pieces of navy blue grosgrain ribbon, stitching along the top and bottom edge of the ribbon.  I added a 7" zipper at the center back seam with an extended tab of grosgrain ribbon onto which I sewed a hook and eye. Easy as pie!  The dirndl skirt has done me well, and I have plans for the next one: a salmon colored lacy Swiss dot cotton purchased on a recent trip to Mood.

Comments

Popular Posts