Baby Blanket

I know nothing about babies, I don't really know anyone, family or friend, that's had a baby in recent memory.  Except for my supervisor at work, whose baby girl is due any day now.  And I feel like I don't know the right things to say, the right questions to ask her in regards to the baby, etc... I feel so naive!  I guess I'm still just a bit young to be in the baby crowd (not that I really have a problem with that!). But there are always so many adorable baby crafts and, finally, I had the opportunity to make one!

I made the popular Tiramisu baby blanket by Alicia Paulson.  I used nearly an entire skein of off-white colored Caron One Pound yarn (machine washable and dryable, of course!), with light pink satin ribbon wove through the edging.  I really like the idea of creating an elegant, yet girly, blanket for a winter baby.



I really enjoyed making this blanket and the mom-to-be really seemed to appreciate the handmade gift.   Be sure to check out the free pattern at Alicia Paulson's website.

Comments

  1. what a lovely blanket - I've bookmarked the pattern for the next time I do something crazy like have another baby!

    As for knowing what to say, don't worry about it too much because pregnant women can get sick of all the questions. Or want to talk about something else to take their mind off it. Or perhaps that was just me.......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts