Winter Dress

I love sewing summer dresses, but this winter I tried to focus on making more winter wardrobe pieces.  I made several skirts, and recently finished up this bright knit dress (Vogue 8663).  I love the simplicity of the dress, which worked great with the bold floral print.  And, of course, I love the full skirt.


I don't sew knits too frequently, and I need to remember that I should really make them a size smaller than I normally sew, as this dress turned out a bit too big over all.  It was, however, extremely simple to sew and quick to construct.  The directions could have provided a little more guidance on how to do the pleating at the top, though mine came out fine enough. I like the seam at the waistline, it really helps to make a nice shape.  I wear a skinny black belt with the dress to help create even more of an emphasized separation between the bodice and skirt.

This dress is extremely comfortable, and I certainly plan to make another (in a size smaller!).  It'd be fun to make in a solid color, you could really accessorize it with a great, funky necklace.

Comments

Popular Posts