Christmas Crafts: Vintage Clutch

I have had such wonderful success with the patterns from the book Making Vintage Handbags, including this 1920s-style clutch I made for my sister for Christmas.

'Dorothy' clutch from Making Vintage Handbags

The bag is made form a dark turquoise pinwale corduroy, and lined with a black floral quilting cotton.  This purse was especially simple to make, as it has no handles or straps, but the result is elegant and modern.  My sister likes anything with a bow.


This book includes 20 different bag designs (pattern pieces included) inspired from originals from the 1920s - 1950s.  The instructions are very clearly written and many of the construction steps are accompanied by photos.  There are also separate instructions for making bows and other adornments, making matching coin purses, adding magnetic snaps, lining the bags, and plenty of advice on different fabrics and materials for each handbag.  I highly recommend adding this book to your crafting collection.

More Christmas crafts to come!

Comments

  1. This is marvelous. I wish I could be your sister. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts