Big Sleeve Love

Oh, I love puffy, ruffly, princess sleeves.  Probably because I'm a girly girl.  So, of course, I had to make McCalls 6164, a new addition to their line this fall.  I made view A with the ruched sleeves.  The ruching was impressively simple, with a short length of elastic fitted into a casing sewn on the inside of the sleeve.


The hardest part of the top was the narrow hem around the neckline; I think I would rather have done a neck binding, which would have been easy with this knit fabric.  But the narrow hem looks nice, of course, and was worth the trouble.


I wear this top to work a lot, with a simple black skirt.  I'm looking forward to making other views from this pattern, as there are several variations of the puffy sleeve.  I think view F is going to be up next!

Comments

  1. Gosh, I had told myself, no more puffy sleeves for me, but seeing this, I might need to reconsider!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts